Thursday, July 4, 2024

Herb Lemon White Bean Salad


I made this delicious salad for the 4th of July today.  I followed this recipe: 

https://www.fifteenspatulas.com/herb-lemon-white-bean-salad/

Ingredients

5 T extra virgin olive oil
2 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic pressed
1/2 t kosher salt
1/8 t black pepper
2 15oz cans of cannellini beans rinsed and drained
1/4 c chopped parsley
1/4 c finely chopped red onion
1 T minced fresh rosemary
 
Instructions 
 
In a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
 
Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Try to let the salad sit in the fridge for at least an hour before serving, to let the flavors meld together.

My notes

I made the recipe using three cans of beans and adjusted the other ingredients.

I added 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, quartered.

I minced the garlic instead of pressing it. 

I made this 5 hours in advance to allow the flavors really come together.



No comments:

German Potato Salad

  I followed this recipe but did some slight changes:   https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/83097/authentic-german-potato-salad/   Prep Time: ...