Sunday, June 9, 2024

Italian Shrimp Salad


My friend Jackie made this excellent, healthy shrimp salad for our book club evening (5 June 2024). I really loved it, so I made it for a BBQ.

The recipe is from Skinny Taste: https://www.skinnytaste.com/italian-shrimp-salad/

6 Servings (about 7 cups)
 
Ingredients
 
1 1/4 lbs cooked (peeled and deveined jumbo (16-20 count) shrimp, tails-off, halved (20 ounces total))
1 cup sliced celery
1 1/3 cups good quality mixed Italian pitted olives (such as Castelvetrano and Kalamata Olives, halved lengthwise)
1/4 cup chopped red onion
5 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
juice of 2 small lemons
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
black pepper (to taste)
 
Instructions
 
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
 
Refrigerate a few hours or overnight to let the flavors meld.

My Notes:

The only thing I did a little differently was to cut the shrimp into chunks. 

I added some lemon zest. 

I used 4 cloves of garlic. 

I let the salad marinade in a zip lock bag for 5 hours.









No comments:

German Potato Salad

  I followed this recipe but did some slight changes:   https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/83097/authentic-german-potato-salad/   Prep Time: ...