Saturday, June 26, 2010
I just made this for tonight's rotation group dinner. The theme: Tapas.
In Spain, the Spanish tortilla is one of the most popular tapas dish made. This can be served cold or at room temperature.
4 medium to large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 medium onion
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Slice the onions thin
2. Slice the potatoes thin.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan, enough to coat the bottom. Add the potatoes and onions.
4. Cook on low eat, stirring often so the potatoes don't stick to the bottom, about 20 minutes (depending on how thin you sliced the potatoes).
5. In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
6. Pour on top of the potato and onion mixture and cook on low heat.
7. With a wooden spatula, scrape the sides to form a curve; gently shake the pan so that the tortilla doesn't stick to the bottom.
8. Invert the tortilla by placing a large plate or flat pan cover on top skillet, flip over, and place back in the pan so that the other side cooks, about 5-8 minutes.
9. Once done, invert again into a serving platter.