Monday, January 22, 2024

Antipasto Platter

I made this today for an Italian dinner party. 

Adapted from:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/antipasto-platter/
 

Ingredients
 
1 jar (24 ounces) pepperoncini, drained
1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 cups halved fresh mushrooms
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 pound provolone cheese, cubed
1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
1 bottle (8 ounces) Italian vinaigrette dressing
Lettuce leaves
 
Directions
 
In a large bowl, combine pepperoncini, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, provolone cheese, olives and pepperoni. Pour vinaigrette over mixture; toss to coat.
 
Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight. Arrange on a lettuce-lined platter. Serve with toothpicks.
 
My Notes:
 
The recipe I followed (and adapted) stated it serves 16. I reduced the recipe for my dinner.
 
I didn’t use garbanzo beans. I didn’t bother with the lettuce leaves.
 
I quartered the mushrooms, as they were large.
 
I added pearl mozzarella, cooked cheese tortellini, quartered artichoke hearts, sliced roasted red peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes.
 
For the pepperoncini, I sliced them in half, lengthwise, and seeded them.
 
I let chill in the refrigerator for 5.5 hours; then plated everything onto a serving dish. 




No comments:

Lentil Salad

Donna made this delicious salad for our book club last night (6 March 2024). Everyone loved it! Ingredients   1 can lentils 1 cup finely dic...