Thursday, December 31, 2015

Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing

Here's a very easy chicken wing recipe and if you love blue cheese, you'll love the dressing.
My friend Anne brings these tasty wings to my parties so I asked her for her recipe. 

I love the blue cheese dressing!! I made a large batch for a dinner party.





For the wings:

3 T olive oil
3 cloves garlic, pressed
2 t chili powder
1 t garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
10 wings, separated into individual pieces
 
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
 
Combine the olive oil, garlic, chili power, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large zip lock bag. Add the wings and toss to coat throughout.
 
Bake for 1 hour.


Blue Cheese Dressing:

1 C mayonnaise
1/2 C crumbled blue cheese (3 oz)
1/2 C half and half
2 T sour cream
1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 t Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Whisk mayo, 1/4 cup blue cheese, half and half,sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and salt until smooth.  

Gently stir in remaining 1/4 cup of the blue cheese.  

Season with pepper to taste.

Refrigerate until ready to use.

Notes: 

I used a blender for the chicken marinade; marinade in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. When cooking I turned the wings half way through.

For the blue cheese dressing, I added extra crumbled blue cheese.



No comments:

Lentil Salad

Donna made this delicious salad for our book club last night (6 March 2024). Everyone loved it! Ingredients   1 can lentils 1 cup finely dic...