Sunday, February 19, 2023

Hot Shrimp Dip

I made this for a Mardi Gras Party (19 Feb 2023). This was so delicious!!
 
This is the recipe I followed: https://www.smalltownwoman.com/hot-shrimp-dip/

I didn’t read the ingredients correctly and bought raw shrimp instead of cooked. 

I heated a large skillet on medium heat and added a teaspoon of olive oil and 1/2 T butter. I added 1/8th finely chopped red onion (my idea to add onions), the minced garlic and sautéed until translucent. I moved the onion/garlic to the sides of the pan and added the raw shrimp in the middle, and sprinkled with Old Bay Seasoning and some black pepper. I cooked the shrimp until just done. I let the shrimp cool a bit and then coarsely chopped them. I think cooking it this way adds more flavor to the shrimp. 
 
 
Hot Shrimp Dip

Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 20
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
 
Ingredients
 
8 ounces cream cheese softened
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese [some will be used for the topping]
1 1/4 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese [some will be used for the topping
1/2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning [overall, i used less than 1/2 tablespoon]
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
3 - 4 dashes hot sauce
16 ounces shrimp cooked and coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
3 green onions thinly sliced
 
Instructions
 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
 
Using a hand held mixer beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup Pepper Jack cheese, Old Bay Seasoning, Worcestershire Sauce and hot sauce until smooth.  Stir in shrimp, garlic and green onions.
 
Spoon into a baking dish and top with remaining cheddar and Pepper Jack.  Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the dish is bubbly and heated through.
 
Serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices.
 
This can be prepped a day in advance. Store in the refrigerator covered with saran wrap. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.







Sorry, I forgot to take a photo when I took it out of the oven.


No comments:

Lentil Salad

Donna made this delicious salad for our book club last night (6 March 2024). Everyone loved it! Ingredients   1 can lentils 1 cup finely dic...