Friday, July 14, 2023

Lentil Salad

I purchased a box of steamed lentils from Trader Joes.  I made this salad for a recent pool party/book club.

Ingredients

1 lb bag of Trade Joes Lentils 
1 yellow bell pepper, diced 
1 small celery stick, diced
2 T diced onion
1 green onion, chopped
1 T chopped fresh parsley
Dash of hot sauce
Dash of Cumin and curry powder
Splash of red wine vinegar
3 T extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 oz or so of feta cheese

Directions:

In a large bowl, break up with lentils, as they are vacuum sealed and needs to be fluffed up. It's easy to do by hand, rather than by fork.

Add the remaining ingredients, except the feta cheese, and toss to mix.  Gently fold in the feta cheese. 

Place in a serving bowl and top with more feta cheese to finish. 

Notes:

Adjust ingredients if needed. 

Next time I'll use a red bell pepper to add more color. And I may add some diced cherry tomatoes.

I may also make a lemon-dijon dressing the next time I make this.








No comments:

Lentil Salad

Donna made this delicious salad for our book club last night (6 March 2024). Everyone loved it! Ingredients   1 can lentils 1 cup finely dic...