Saturday, April 11, 2009

Imitation Crab Salad Recipe

1lb, 6 oz. Imitation crabmeat, shredded
3 Green onions, chopped
½ Cup celery, chopped
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 c. Mayonnaise
½ t. Dill weed
1-2 t. Horseradish, creamy style
Salt and pepper to taste

Shred the chunks of crabmeat into a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Adjust, as you like: More mayonnaise for a creamier texture or more lemon juice for a zestier taste. You could add a dash or two of hot sauce for some kick; or even a dash of old bay seasoning.

Serve with crackers or on pumpernickel bread (or on a bed of lettuce as a salad).

I made this today for the rotation dinner group I belong to and it went in minutes. I could easily have made it using another pound of crabmeat! I adapted this recipe I found on Recipezaar.

No comments:

Lentil Salad

Donna made this delicious salad for our book club last night (6 March 2024). Everyone loved it! Ingredients   1 can lentils 1 cup finely dic...